How important is prayer in sponsorship?
We at TTW feel that prayer is critical in your sponsorship. The greatest thing you can do for your sponsored child is to pray for him or her. Pray that he or she will be healthy, do well in school, and that they will grow in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. You can also pray for your child’s specific needs as you become aware of them. Your prayers can truly touch the life of your sponsored child.
What will I receive as a sponsor?
You will receive a packet with a picture and information on your sponsored child. You should receive a welcome letter within two to three weeks after turning in your sponsorship form. Plus you will receive:
- Monthly contribution statements along with a newsletter to let you know what is going on in the ministry.
- An annual update and picture of your sponsored child.
- Periodic letters from your sponsored child.
If it has been more than a year since you have received information on your sponsored child please call 828-403-8377 or contact us.
How do I write to my sponsored child?
We encourage you to write to your sponsored child. Your child will be very excited to hear from and learn about you. Due to cultural, language, and privacy issues all correspondence with your child must go through TTW. This is for your protection as well as the child’s. When writing to your sponsored child:
- Write your child’s name and country at the top of your letter.
- Mail your letter to:
Touch the World Ministries
Child Sponsorship Program
PO Box 218
Todd, NC 28684
- Your letter will be sent to our overseas staff where it will be translated and both the letter and the translation will be given to your child to keep.
- You can also send a note to your sponsored child on our web-site. (This is the quickest way to get a message to your child). Click here to send an e-mail to your sponsored child.
What to share when I write to my sponsored child?
- Keep your letters simple. Write about things your sponsored child will understand, such as family, pets, hobbies, and activities. Consider the child’s environment and culture when writing to him or her. Since he or she has very few possessions its best not to write about the things you own.
- Send pictures of yourself and your family. These photographs will be very special to your sponsored child. Please be thoughtful when selecting photos because standards of clothing and modesty vary in different countries.
Will I receive letters from my sponsored child?
- You should receive a letter from your sponsored child once a year. A teacher or staff person will help children that are too young or that have yet to learn how to read and write.
- Please remember that many of the children in our Child Sponsorship Program live in very remote areas and correspondence can be extremely slow and may require some patience.
Can I send a package to my sponsored child?
We understand that you desire to send gifts to your sponsored child. However, it is TTW’s policy not to allow packages to be sent to sponsored children for the following reasons:
- Foreign postal regulations
- Expenseive duty charges in most countries
- Possible loss, theft, damage
- Difficulty getting packages to remote areas
You may enclose small items in letters or cards to your child. Some items your sponsored child may enjoy are bookmarks, ribbons, stickers, or other flat lightweight items.
Am I the only sponsor for my sponsored child?
Yes. TTW assigns only one sponsor per sponsored child.
How long will my sponsorship last?
The goal for TTW sponsorship is for you to continue in a sponsor/child relationship until the child graduates from the Child Sponsorship Program. The length of sponsorship will be different for each child depending on the child’s age when sponsorship begins and the country in which your sponsored child lives. TTW will contact you when your sponsored child graduates from the Child Sponsorship Program and give you the opportunity to touch the life of another child.
Please understand that a child’s circumstances may change. For example occasionally an orphaned child is united with family members. We will inform you as quickly as possible if any such circumstance affects the child you sponsor and we will offer you the opportunity to sponsor another child in need of your help.
How do I end my sponsorship?
Thank you for partnering with TTW in touching the life of a precious child. While our prayer is that you will be able to continue in your sponsorship until your sponsored child graduates from the Child Sponsorship Program, we realize that sponsors’ circumstances sometimes change. If you wish to discontinue your sponsorship you may do so at any time by calling 828-413-0438.